Higher-level Access Required
This area is for members with special access.
Make Sample Flip Beats with Propellerhead Reason NN-XT and the Akai MPD32: The Making of "Grace To You" (Part 1 of 4)
Grace To You Sample Flip Beat Tutorial Part 1
Learn how to chop and flip samples using Propellerhead Reason and the Akai MPD32 USB/MIDI Pad controller.
In this video, I show you "How I Reason" by covering the following:
In Part 1:
- The importance of LISTENING
- Dissecting sample parts
- Choosing songs/music genres to sample from
- Thinking about the "chops" (sample slices)
- Counting measures/beats (basic music theory)
- Creating sample "sections"
- Optimizing sample selections
- Bass line creation
Time: 3 minutes
Inspiration: Grace To You radio show theme music