TaurusBeats: taurusbeats - TaurusBeats Music by Taurus M. James
Skip to Menu
Skip to Navigation
Skip to Main Content
Moody Instrumental Music
Helping Others By Giving
Helping Others is at the core of everything I do here. Here are my goals for TaurusBeats.com.
- to help others by simply sharing my knowledge. Every day there is an opportunity to educate someone about making Moody Instrumental Music with Propellerhead Reason - my area of expertise. The key is to keep educating yourself so you can stay ahead of the curve.
- to find out what’s actually valuable to YOU. Through TaurusBeats.com, I'm making an effort to ask YOU where YOU need help, and I keep that in mind when I see opportunities to create Training and Tools for YOUR growth.
- to share my resources that can help others. I'm a Male Military Spouse (US Air Force), Stay-At-Home-Dad (SAHD), US Military Veterans Advocate, Musician, Minister, Teacher, Web Developer and IT Specialist with a passion for self improvement. I have a many contacts and resources and I try to connect them to people who can use them.
- to make people aware of opportunities.
Give Transparent Feedback
- to provide constructive criticism by giving good examples of how to improve.
- to Be a Brand Advocate and let people know about the products and services that I love. I truly want to help companies I trust because I love the product and I want to see them succeed.
- to make an effort to actually connect people to people.
Give My Time
- to help friends in need, even if it is not something as public as a webinar or podcast.
- to give someone recognition through articles, social media or word of mouth.
- not to “buy” peoples’ favor, but to get them something that makes sense and will help them.
Credit: Adapted from
10 Ways To Help Others That Will Lead You To Success
by John Hall
To Inspire and Encourage Growth
I started making Moody Instrumental Music as a way to express myself - my thought and emotions - and tell my story of transformation and growing through pain and struggle.
This theme is common in life, but the soundtrack is different from person to person.
My heart goes out to people who experience pain and struggle that leads to hopelessness and defeat.
My desire is to Inspire and Encourage others to continue to push forward and grow through it all and transform into the Treasure the world needs.
Music Production with Propellerhead Reason
Propellerhead Reason is my preferred music production software. I started using Reason when it first came out. I developed my workflow in Propellerhead Reason to allow me to create music and sample flip beats remixes with ease.
The Propellerhead Reason tutorial videos that I make are very detailed and filled with tips and techniques I use to make great sounding music. Video tutorials are available here and cover different levels of use. I'm working on
Black Belt Beats Boot Camp
, a full course on how to use Propellerhead Reason, for music producers of all levels.
If you have questions, or would like me to create a tutorial video on a particular subject, let me know by clicking the button below and sending me a message.
Taurus M. James, Moody Instrumental Musician
Hi! I'm Taurus M. James. (That's me at the Dole Plantation in Hawaii.)
Trash to Treasure
I started developing my moody instrumental music skills as a kid playing with other people's trash - bottles, buckets and cans I found on the side of the streets of Washington, DC. I played clarinet for a year in middle school and played my first drum kit to earn a spot as the drummer for the US Air Force Academy Cadet Gospel Choir. Even though I had never played on a drum kit before, I kept working hard at it to get better. I started composing and songwriting as the drummer for the Ogden, Utah Gospel-Jazz band,
The Upper Room
. I played drums professionally for a few years as the band toured and recorded an album.
This website showcases my blended styles of Downtempo, Jazz, Hip-Hop, Electronica and other music genres into my
Moody Instrumental Music
, or mood music.
I am interested in meeting people who share this passion for music and self improvement that I have. A few years ago, I set out to use my skill and imagination to create an aesthetic environment as the home of my Moody instrumental Music so I could make it available for other people to experience. You're looking at the result -
In a way, you could say that I found my musical Treasure through other people's Trash!
This Moody Instrumental Music Is The Soundtrack of My Life
My music has changed over the years, reflecting the many changes that have taken place in my life. You can hear what I'm talking about if you listen to my earliest collections (My Soundtrack and Final Hour Music) compared to what I am making now (Common Grace, Westward, CMA Beats, Vision).
Likewise, TaurusBeats.com has evolved over the years, from a small, private area showcasing a handful of music tracks, to a growing network of aspiring musicians and producers.
I started out making beats with
back in the year 2000. I'm still making beats with Reason and I'm moving more into making music with full orchestration, solos, improvisations and all that wonderful stuff. (I'm no pianist - I stumbled into playing piano/keys while trying to figure out creative ways to tag the music I make.)
I'm blessed to be able to capture my progress through this life journey in music and share it with people all over the world. What I originally intended for private reflection, God has redirected to people and places I never imagined. Through this moody instrumental music I hear, feel and see my life. I'm learning that other people are having the same experience. I am blessed even more so because of the listeners, subscribers and friends that this music has introduced me to.
When I'm Gone...
If I die today, God is Good!
God made me and put this passion for music in me. God introduced me to Himself through Jesus The Christ. God allows me to make moody instrumental music...for such a time as this.
I can be a Moody dude when I haven't eaten in awhile. I forget to eat when I'm creating music and making beats.
When I'm Gone, just remember this...God tried to reach you and introduce you to Jesus, The Christ, through Moody instruMental Music and a moody dude named Taurus.
"Grace and Peace!"
Grace is extended to all but Peace is only found in Christ Jesus. I hope you get it.
Grace and Peace!